Friday, November 15, 2013

LUSH “No Drought” Dry Shampoo review

Dry shampoo is a great product for in-between washes, to add volume, and to preserve your hair colour if you colour it. This product is one of the best dry shampoos I have used. On a side note indicated on the bottle this product is vegan. Although some people seem to either love or hate this product, maybe this could depend on your hair type?  how you use it? etc. Personally, I have fine to medium hair, it is not thick- and this product works well for me.  


On the bottle: “Grapefruit and lime scented, oil absorbing powder to freshen hair. No wash; just go!”

Pro’s
- it smells so good (grapefruit and lime scented)
- absorbs oil very well-  lasts all day
- the product itself lasts for a while (my bottle is good for a little over a year)
- adds volume to hair
- does not make your hair stiff (some spray-on forms I have tried made my hair stiff)

Con’s
- product can be very messy because of its powder form
- the cap/dispenser on my bottle is the same kind as some of the Lush bottled shampoos, making it difficult to put into your hair without making a mess
- product must be brushed in very well or it will show up/fall out during the day

Overall I give this product a 4 out of 5. However, to apply it is tricky if you are looking to not make a mess. I have tried to pour some of the product onto my hands first rather than directly onto my scalp, and this helped make less of a mess. However, when applying with my hands I used less product at a time and it took a little longer to get the “finished look”. This product lasts, smells wonderful, works very well at absorbing the oil in your hair, and adds volume.  So if you are in the market for a new dry shampoo or simply want to try something new, I recommend No Drought!

Have a wonderful day, would love it if you followed on Bloglovin :)
Peace and love,
Chantal Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment